Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A story

Today I went for a story telling session. Yes, you heard me right.
I went for a story telling session, a professional storyteller from Korea

This story struck me
Let me share it with you
Its about a young lady who was living very happily with her husband and kids, when one day he was conscripted to the army. When he returned he was a changed man – very angry, fierce and snapping at everybody. Soon the whole atmosphere changed and everyone was irritable and snapping at each other. The wife couldn’t take this anymore. So she decided to go and meet the village priest who lived on top of a mountain. She panted her way up and meets him
He tells her that yes he can certainly help her to change the husband. But before that he needed a vital ingredient for the herbal brew, she was delighted that help was near
The priest told her that she would have to get a tiger’s whisker!!!!!!
What
A tiger’s whisker he assured her calmly

She went in search of the tiger
The first day she took meat loafs in a basket and was so frightened that she threw the basket and ran for her life
The second time she went the tiger seemed to be waiting for her and so this time she placed the basket in from of the tiger

A few days later she spoke to the tiger gently
Soon she was singing lullabies, as the tiger placed his huge head on her lap
Till she asked him if she could pluck whisker from him
The tiger just places his head on her lap. She plucks it and thanks the tiger and runs gleefully to the priest. The priest examines it and throws it into the fire. She’s aghast all her trouble gone in a second
My medicine!!!! she cries
The priest replies if you could show your love to a tiger --------------
So this was the medicine

So let me see in my own life I find it easier to show my love to faraway tiger

What about the ones at home

I get bugged

The missing link
I need to see a larger purpose in what I do with my home tigers. I do not have a goal with them; I kind of take them for granted hence my tendency to react than respond

Food for thought indeed

What do you say??

3 comments:

angermanagement said...

s, mam, i do take my home tigers for granted.
i am able to handle outsiders easily rather than insiders.

i love them but could not show it to them. Others mistake dont irritate me a lot but insiders do.

is it due to the over expectation on them?

Unknown said...

the way to a mans heart is through his stomac

shyleswari said...

Yeah Subu , we all kind of take it easy with the one's we love

shyla