Friday, June 19, 2009

POEMS AND RELATIONSHIPS

Published in Efflorescence 09
SPRING CLEANING

When I descend
From the other side
I see cobwebs
Dust heads
Books with a hang over
And tipsy CDs
after a long night’s rock and roll

I immediately tuck the
Edge of my sari
My clambering need to sweep, shake
flog, rearrange and re schedule

Makes a lot of sparks fly
some settle on me
and some on you

Your hair stands up
as singed and electrocuted

Injured I say ‘I was only trying to help “

No! I love this chaos.
this hue , this mystery
Can’t you see!

Oh! But I know
all the answers
Says me
Righteously

Honey! You may have all the answers
It’s my chaos, my hues
And the mystery is me

If you only understood
And accepted me

What’s the need to do?
Just let’s be


WHATA WONDERFUL WORLD
Twirling and twirling
To that momentous song
You whirl and weave
in an eternal eight

I stand there
Gaping
my mouth an awning
You step on my toes
and I yelp out in pain

My protest and tears
touch you a month later

You say ‘Yeah I
Love my freedom and space
so get out of my way
appreciate me
and see my body sway ‘

I hear you say
Not to cry and react
But enjoy your
Dance every single day

I wonder at the logic
You do what you want to do
Claim your space

But I should relinquish
my space, stuff my anguish
and enjoy your gaiety and spontaneity too


What a wonderful world!

No comments: